Since the Prime Minister advised that all Australian’s over 70 should practice ‘self-isolation at home to the maximum extent practicable for Australians’, The Richardson have put a number of measures in place to help their residents stay connected.
These include growing the Lifestyle team and resources to assist with social distancing and hygiene requirements during activities and provide additional one-on-one sessions for residents.
To further support residents during this time of physical isolation from loved ones, The Richardson are pleased to advise that they have installed;
The Window of Love!
At the entrance to The Richardson, there is now a designated area for residents to see their family and friends in real time, whilst speaking to them via the phone.
The Richardson have had a number of families use the window already and the feedback has been extremely positive including the comments below:
“This window is my saviour, I really appreciate it being here”
“I love this – it is a very good idea. Thank you for all your hard work”
“It is so lovely to see my family this way, thank you for organising it”
If you wish to book time at the window with your loved ones please speak to Concierge on (08) 9381 2800.
Guidelines for using the window are as follows:
- No ad hoc visits. All visits must be booked through Concierge
- Visiting times are on the hour during Concierge hours for a maximum of 30 minutes. This will allow enough time for the team to sanitise the seating area and window between visits
- Maximum of one household or two visitors per booking, as per government outdoor gathering restrictions
- Visitors are to use the hand sanitiser provided when they arrive and as they leave The Window of Love
- Visitors must follow social distancing and hygiene guidelines including coughing into their elbow and dispensing of any tissues/rubbish
- The Window of Love will continue unless there are further changes/directives from the State or Federal Government or if people do not abide by these guidelines to keep our community safe
The Richardson look forward to seeing you at the window!
Find out more about The Richardson.