Locations: Melbourne, Victoria
This qualification provides individuals with the skills, knowledge and experience to assist with the design, implementation and evaluation of leisure and health programs in residential facilities and community organisations.
This course will prepare you to work in a carer or support role in the area of leisure and health. The qualification provides individuals with the skills, knowledge and experience to assist with the design, implementation and evaluation of leisure and health programs in residential facilities and community organisations.
This course is also directed at those individuals who may be currently working in health care industry and are responsible for the supervision of other workers.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process where a student may be granted credit or partial credit towards a qualification in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or formal training. This qualification is nationally recognised and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework by Education Institute.
This course will equip you to assist with designing, implementing and evaluating leisure and health activities and programs for clients in one or more industry sectors.
While undertaking this course, you will learn to:
- Work effectively in the leisure and health industry
- Comply with information requirements of the aged care and community care sectors
- Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Follow Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) procedures for direct care work
- Apply knowledge of human behaviour in leisure activity programs
- Confirm physical health status
- Plan leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs
- Undertake leisure and health programming
- Plan, implement and monitor leisure and health programs
- Provide services to older people with complex needs
- Provide support for people living with dementia
Where will this course take me:
- Activities Officer
- Diversional therapy assistant
- Community leisure officer
- Leisure officer
- Disability officer - day support
- Recreation activities officer
For eligible students this training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding TOID 21707.