Locations: Brisbane, Ipswich, Cairns, Townsville, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast
The Individual Care, Aged Care, Disability and Home & Community industries is in need of new, compassionate and energetic workers. If you are caring and passionate about helping people, choose to make a difference in the lives of others. The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support delivered by MyPath Education will see you make a difference in people’s lives by learning to provide individualised support, Communicate and work in health or community services and work with diverse people. QLD Government Funding (C3G) is available for this certificate if you are eligible.
• Face to face courses (14 weeks)
• Correspondence self-paced
• Online self-paced
How long do the courses run for?
MyPath’s face to face classes start at 9am and finish at 2pm and run for a total of 14weeks for 2 days per week and include 120 hours of work placement (at a relevant facility– Aged care, Disability, Home & Community) They also include a First aid and Manual handling training.
Dual and Triple qualifications also available which extend the time frame.
When undertaking the Certificate III in Individual Support you can choose what your passion is. In conjunction with your core units, you can specialise in Ageing, Disability or Home and Community. Successful completion requires 13 units inclusive of 7 core units + 6 elective units. Furthermore as part of the course students complete manual handling training, a first aid and CPR certificate.
During the placement period, students are monitored part time by MyPath trainers so they are supported during placement. Students are provided with MyPath placement shirts to be worn on during placement and are also provided with a name badge.
Finding work placement?
MyPath have a network of facilities across Ageing, Disability and Home & Community sectors that are near our course locations and our partners have placement positions for our students. If students are undertaking a structured course, MyPath Educations placement coordinator will have pre-arrange placements for students.
Online or Self-paced students are encouraged to source their own placement however assistance and support is there if needed.
• Must be over 17 years of age
• Undertake a police check
Please Note: The fact that you might have a criminal record may or may not impede on your ability to work in a facility.
1. Full Fee paying students: $2950
2. Study Now Pay later options with student loans - Eligibility applies.
3. Government subsidised students: $95 (QLD residents only) must be Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrant) or temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permit on the pathway to permanent residency or a New Zealand citizen. Prospective students must not have or be enrolled in a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
To check your eligibility for government funding please Register your interest by filling in the enquiry form and include your full name and date of birth.